Apologetics has been growing in popularity over recent years, but quite often those interested in the topic didn’t know anyone else in their church or circle of friends who shared that interest.
TC Apologetics began as an idea to provide a place where budding apologists could gather to discuss their shared interest, and where those new to the subject could come and learn from them.
We started online through this site and our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/tcapologetics). After building those first connections, we started meeting publicly in the spring of 2012. Since then, we have been meeting the first and third Thursday of every month. Currently, our meetings are held at Church of the Living God in Room 7.
TC Apologetics is still a developing idea, so we are open to your suggestions!
Here is a list of some of the things we have done to date:
- Panel discussions about topics of interest
- Teachings on varied apologetic themes (problem of evil, God’s existence, worldview, abortion, evidence for Jesus’ resurrection, etc.)
- Open discussions where we explore subjects and exchange tips
- Try our hand at uncomfortable discussions via role play
- Discuss debates
- Watch the presentations of well-known apologists as discussion starters
- Presentations and opportunities for Q&A with some of today’s leading apologists via the internet
Many examples of these are available to watch online here.
Otherwise, why not join us at our next meeting? Everyone is welcome, so come on out!